The Marche economy is based on the activity of many small and medium-sized enterprises , famous for their industriousness and the quality of their products. manufacturing but agriculture and tourism also play an important role. The major companies are distinguished by the specialization and notoriety of their brands in demand in the main markets of the world .
The Marches welcome a wide variety of industrial districts of great economic importance on the Italian territory:
- the Mechanics and Home Appliance District in the Fabrianese area, home to one of the largest Italian multinationals in the sector;
- the Multisectoral Industrial District of Recanati, Osimo and Castelfidardo, known since the 1950s for the production of musical instruments and, more recently, also for the electronics sector b> and mechanics;
- the Footwear District of Fermo and Civitanova Marche, where some of the most famous leather goods and footwear products in the world are made;
- the Pesaro Furniture District, where some of the major Italian players in the production of furniture and kitchens are present;
- the Agrindustrial District of San Benedetto del Tronto, famous for the fish and agri-food sector;
- the Textile-clothing District of Urbania, Pergola and Mondolfo, known as the so-called 'valley of jeans' for its textile production
- the Paper Production District of Fabriano, one of the oldest in Italy.
Back to the Territory